Ilan Cohen – Psychologist
Chief Clinical Psychologist
- Expertise: Clinical Psychology
Since 1990 Ilan Cohen has been seeking to make a difference in the lives of his patients by helping them through life’s problems. As a clinical psychologist and a life coach, he specialises in helping patients with relationship problems, self-confidence, anxiety, depression and psychosexual issues amongst others.
When providing support to his patients Ilan prioritises the process of making his patients comfortable while maintaining a high level of report writing skills and a commitment to evaluate the problem at hand.
Ilan has had a long successful career as a clinical Psychologist spanning 26 years in many settings including inner city medical centres, suburban practices, telehealth, corporate and executive health and preventative health. The Vityl chronic-care model is very comfortable to Ilan and he is able to build a strong rapport with his patients via the phone or skype.
Ilan was the Allied Health Manager at Healthscope’s Sydney Clinic evaluating all therapy services for their efficacy as well as facilitation and delivery of services. He was also appointed the NSW Chief Clinical Psychologist at Allianz Recovre where he oversaw the management of services, delivery and evaluation of psychological services across the whole department.
In his free time Ilan Cohen is an author of such books as ‘Living Beyond Pain” and has a passion for creating short films, tennis and writing.
The hardest thing is to reach out for help to a stranger. I acknowledge your efforts; as a clinical psychologist with 27 years experience, I will work with you to help you reach your goal whatever it may be. Life has gotta be easier than this, I agree. this is why together we will set goals and I will completely support you through this process of change.
- Hons Psychology – 1990
- Master of Clinical Psychology – 1993
- AHPRA number: PSY0001140100
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychotherapy (NSW)
- Australian Psychological Society
- Full Member of the Australian College of Clinical Psychologists.
- Full Member of the Australian College of Counselling Psychologists.
- BA (Hons.Psych)
- MPsych (Clinical)
- Senior Clinical Psychologist, NSW Health Department
- Chief Clinical Psychologist, Workers Compensation
- Senior Clinical Psychologist, Private Hospital Sydney
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural (CBT)
- Compassion Focused
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Family / Marital
- Forensic Psychology
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation
- Rational Emotive Behaviour (REBT)
- Relaxation therapy, meditation trainer