Dr. Vincent Yiu MBChB, FRNZCGP
Vincent Chung Ting Yiu, MBChB (Otago), FRNZCGP, is a General Practitioner based in New Zealand.
Special interests: health care, family medicine, emergency medicine, medical journalism.
Dr. Vincent Chung Ting Yiu started his medical education at Macleans College, Auckland where he obtained a scholarship and bursary for his studies. In 2003, Vincent graduated from the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB). Dr. Vincent is also a Fellow of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (FRNZCGP) and holds a Diploma in Advances in Medicine from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Vincent’s medical experience spans New Zealand, Australia, and Hong Kong. He has worked at hospitals and medical centres including; Auckland District Health Board, Waitemata District Health Board, and Counties Manukau District Health Board (New Zealand). Dr. Vincent also worked as a Surgical Registrar at the Alfred Hospital, Bayside Health in Melbourne (Australia) and also worked as a Service Resident in the Family Medicine and Primary Health Care NTWC, Hospital Authority (Hong Kong).
In 2020, Dr. Vincent went back to New Zealand where he started as a General Practitioner at The Doctors Middlemore in Auckland as well as joining the Doctor’s team at Vityl.
Dr. Vincent aims to extend his knowledge and his medical journalism work even further and hopes to present at many more conferences and seminars.
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners – Fellowship, FRNZCGP
- Cognitive Assessment and Empowerment Program – CAEP, Presenter
- Hospital Authority Convention, Hong Kong – Presenter
- Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) Annual Conference, England – Presenter.
- Chinese University of Hong Kong [Diploma in Advances in Medicine]
- University of Otago, New Zealand [Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)] – 2003.