Vanessa is a highly skilled, credentialed Mental Health Nurse and Endorsed Nurse Practitioner with twelve years clinical and community outreach experience in Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
Vanessa has a passion and dedication for consumer advocation, and her goal is to provide collaborative support to her patients to improve comorbidity health.
- Certificate Hepatitis C for nurse Practitioners, Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM), 2021
- Certificate MARAM: Brief & Intermediate Risk Assessment & Risk Management Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare, 2020.
- Nurse Practitioner Endorsement Registration, Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia, 2020.
- Master of Nurse Practitioner, Flinders University, SA. 2020
- Certificate of Medication Assisted Treatment of Opioid Dependence (MATOD), Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, 2019.
- Certificate of Clinical Supervision, Caraniche At Work. 2018.
- Certificate of Intensive Outpatient Alcohol & Drug Treatment, Matrix Institute, 2018.
- Certificate of Forensic AOD Workforce Training, Carinache, 2017.
- CHCSS00001- Alcohol and other Drugs Skill Set, Odyssey House, 2016.
- Certificate of Forensic Accreditation; Clinical Drug Assessor, Department of Health and Human Services Victoria, 2016.
- Graduate Diploma Community Mental Health Nursing, Flinders University, SA. 2011.
- Bachelor of Nursing, University of South Australia, SA, 2008.
Professional Registrations and Memberships
- Australian Practitioner Health Regulation Agency (APHRA)
- Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Australian College of Nursing
- Australian College of Nursing & Midwifery
- Australian College of Nurse Practitioners
- Australia & New Zealand Mental Health Association
- Australian Nursing Federation
- Drug & Alcohol Nurses Australasia
- Medication Assisted Treatment of Opioid Dependence (MATOD) Peer Group
- Mental Health Professionals Network
- Pharmacotherapy Network Area 4
- Victorian Alcohol & Drug Association
- Victorian state-wide Non-Residential Withdrawal Nurses
- Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
- The International Nurses Society on Addictions (IntNSA)